Complete Guide For ECAT Exam
Engineering College Admission Test is the exam which is conducted by the University of Engineering & Technology (U.E.T.), Lahore. Each year for admission in BS/ Engineering and BS Engineering Technology degree programs. Entry test shall be conducted on Every annum July 10 to 20, at 9:00 AM. Each year 45000 students attempt this test while there are some 3000 seats in public sector engineering institutions of the Punjab. ECAT is a pre-requisite for admission in the University of Engineering and Technology (UET).ECAT is base on multiple choice questions (MCQ). Each MCQ has 4 marks negative marking of -1 mark for wrong answer. Engineering students come under two major categories.
- Computer Science group.
- Engineering group.
1. Computer Science group is based on four subjects.
- Computer Sciences / Statistics
2. Engineering group is based on four major subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for ECAT
Applicants passed with at least 60 % marks or have appeared in F.Sc. Intermediate, DAE.
Candidate are also required to show the following documents to apply for ECAT registration.
- Domicile Certificate
- Computerized national identity card or B Form copy.
- Matriculation degree or any other equivalent program.
- Marks sheet or result card of F.Sc / ICS/ DAE or any other equivalent study program.
- Photograph of the applicant is also required.
ECAT dates and deadlines
ECAT Tokens available in HBL branches for Rs. 550/- from 2th May to 1st June Every year. The last date for printing the admit cards is 2nd June Every year. The final ECAT result will be declared on UET website on 15 June Every year.
ECAT registration process
- Fill test application online at admission.uet.edu.pk with the info from token serial number and token number
- Choose the relevant subjects that you wish to register
- Upload recent passport sized picture with blue background
- Carefully Select the test center nearest to you
ECAT Test Pattern
- Physics: 30 MCQs
- English: 10 MCQs
- Mathematics: 30 MCQs
- Chemistry / Computer: 30 MCQs
- Time Allowed: 120 Minutes
- Total MCQs: 100
- Correct Answer: 4 Marks
- Wrong Answer: -1 Mark
- Not Attempted: 0 Mark
- Intermediate: 70%
- ECAT: 30%
- University of Engineering & Technology (UET) – Main Campus , Lahore
- University of Engineering & Technology (UET) – Kala Shah Kaku Campus
- University of Engineering & Technology (UET) – Taxila
- University College of Engineering & Technology – Bahauddin Zakaria University, Multan
- NFC Institute of Engineering & Technology, Multan
- NFC Institute of Engineering & Fertilizer Research, Faisalabad
- University of Gujrat, Gujrat
- International Islamic University, Islamabad
- Government College of Technology, Rasul
- Dr. A.Q.Khan Institute of Technology, Mianwali
- Government College of Technology, Rahim Yar Khan
- Quaid-e-Azam College of Engineering & Technology, Sahiwal
University Accepting ECAT for Admissions:
The total Average of ECAT 2019 was 95 out of 400. The ECAT highest marks 336
|RAHIM YAR KHAN||84||257|
Group Average Score
|RAHIM YAR KHAN||—||77||59||142|
Merit List of UET Lahore Main Campus:
|7||Petroleum & Gas Engg||79.56||73.24||76.67||78.58||77.46||76.48||76.05|
|8||Industrial & Manufacturing Engg||78.98||72.57||75.24||76.27||74.74||73.43||74.52|
|9||Building & Architectural Engg||78.8||72||75.29||76.69||75.24||74.73||75.89|
|11||Metallurgical & Material Engg||77.85||71.66||74.04||75.32||73.06||71.84||71.98|
|15||City and Regional Planning||75.67||70.4||72.04||73.55||71.91||70.25||71.08|
|16||Polymer & Process Engg||76.2||70.81||72.14||73.34||71.54||69.01||70.33|
|19||Product & Industrial Design||75.27||70.34||71.18||72.7||70.68||67.4||68.56|